Recovery home residents must:
1. Be age 18 or over.
2. Have a primary diagnosis of a substance abuse disorder.
3. Have completed detoxification in a formal hospital or clinical setting or have remained alcohol and drug-free for at least three days prior to admission. REMMSCO does not allow the use of any maintenance drugs while in our program. Detox must include ending these drug therapies.
4. Be unemployed or on medical leave long-term. Employment is not allowed until several months of education and treatment is completed.
5. Not have private insurance coverage.
6. Be a resident of a North Carolina county covered by the Partners, Sandhills, or Vaya Manage Care Organizations, which includes the following counties:
Alamance, Alexander, Alleghany, Anson, Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Caswell, Catawba, Chatham, Cherokee, Clay, Cleveland, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Franklin, Gaston, Graham, Granville, Guilford, Harnett, Haywood, Henderson, Hoke, Iredell, Jackson, Lee, Lincoln, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Montgomery, Moore, Person, Polk, Randolph, Richmond, Rockingham, Rowan, Rutherford, Stanley, Stokes, Surry, Swain, Transylvania, Union, Vance, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, Yancey
7. Be able to commit to a six month to one year residential stay.
8. Not have any open warrants for arrest or be a registered sex offender.
9. Have a negative Tuberculosis test within the last year and be able to provide the results by the time of admission.
10. Be ambulatory and physically able to participate in the program and its requirements.
1. Screening Form
If you are interested in becoming a resident, please choose one of the following options as a first step:
1. Call our office (336-342-9504) to go over a screening form verbally.
2. Download a screening form at the top of this page, complete it, and send it to us via fax (336-342-9506) or email (email@example.com).
2. Phone Interview
Schedule and complete a phone interview with the Executive Director of REMMSCO, Inc. through the main office telephone number at (336) 342-9504.
3. Physician's Statement
Have a physical performed by a licensed physician or in a hospital setting. Have the physician complete and sign the physician's statement (available for download below) certifying your ability to participate in the REMMSCO program.
The physician's statement must include details of medication requirements. These medications must be cleared with the Executive Director of REMMSCO, Inc. The REMMSCO program does not accept residents who are on opiate maintenance drugs such as suboxone or methodone.
Fax the completed and signed physician's statement to the REMMSCO, Inc. main office at (336) 342-9506.
4. TB Test
If the resident has not received a Tuberculosis test within the past year, have a test completed before admission.
Fax Tuberculosis test results to the REMMSCO, Inc. main office at (336) 342-9506.
The Executive Director will contact you and tell you whether you have been cleared for admission and set the date and time for the admissions intake.
The completed screening form, physician's statement, and Tuberculosis test results should be faxed to the REMMSCO, Inc. main office at (336) 342-9506. The screening form and physician's statement forms are available for download at the bottom of this page.
The phone interview should be scheduled and conducted through the REMMSCO, Inc. main office number at (336) 342-9504.
REMMSCO, Inc. does not accept private insurance payments. We are funded through a combination of North Carolina state block grants and resident fee payments. Medicaid and Medicare coverage for personal medical costs are allowed.
1. A $50 admissions fee is due from residents at intake in the form of cash or money order. REMMSCO staff will work with clients on how to meet this commitment. It is our goal that no person be refused residency solely based on an inability to pay fees.
2. The Executive Director will apply for state block grant Substance abuse funding at admission intake to supplement the cost of residential treatment.
If the resident has an income such as disability payments, social security, or other income, an administrative fee of 40% of any net income for up to $400 a month maximum will be charged.
3. All residents apply for Food and Nutrition Services (Food Stamps) with the help of REMMSCO staff after admission. Any benefits are pooled to help pay for the total food and nutrition cost of each house.
1. Physician's statement and tuberculosis test results (if these have not previously been provided.)
6. Toiletries and Bedding
7. Furniture and Appliances
Do not bring large sums of money, jewelry, or other valuables. REMMSCO, Inc. will not be responsible for articles lost, stolen, or damaged during the time of residency.